Thursday, September 24, 2009

knitting

I've decided I want to learn to knit. I can sew (mending & some basic functions) and cross stitch but I never learned to crochet or knit. I'm going to wait until I'm done with the cross stitch I'm doing for Jackson because I'm terrible about starting new projects before finishing another.

My first project is a baby hat for Jackson. From what I've read, a hat is a great 1st project & Jackson has a hard time keeping store bought hats on so I thought a knit one would stay better. I bought a book with bootie patterns that a lady in the store recommended (she knits them for hospital maternity wards) along with a "how to knit" book. I'm anxious to start but I've got some work to do first!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!
    I tried as a kid, but not enough skill OR patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but I didn't have enough patience for any handcraft as a child.

    ReplyDelete